I am attempting to replace the tessel RFID module with this Adafruit PN532 shield: https://www.adafruit.com/product/789.
From what I've read online, these two boards have the same IC configuration, and the tessel RFID module was built based off of the above adafruit pn532 shield. I've also read that using this library from tessel: https://github.com/tessel/rfid-pn532 should be plug & play if the wires are correctly connected from the tessel to the adafruit rfid shield.
However, I believe I have the wrong pin out, because it does not detect my rfid scanner when I try to run this basic script:
I've connected as follows (and provided a picture):
- 5V on Tessel to 5V on PN532
- GND on Tessel to GND on PN532
- Tessel SCL (Pin 0) to PN532 SCL (Analog Pin 5)
- Tessel SDA (Pin 1) to PN532 SDA (Analog Pin 4)
- (not sure if I needed this one or if it's right at all) Tessel SCK to PN532 (Digital Pin 2)
Also, as a side note, when I use this board with a regular Arduino, it works and the busy light goes on. However, when I do the above configuration with the Tessel 2, the busy light does not turn on. Does this mean anything?
Has anyone dealt with this before, or have a potential solve? Would appreciate any/all help possible!