@kevin and @flaki
As some people know, I wrote an evaluating scientific paper about limits and capabilities of JS for developing distributed systems (including different MCs). If the university agree it will be published some weeks after the 24th of April in Germany.
(Tessel got about 8 of this 100 pages paper BECAUSE of LuaJit !!!)
In my opinion there are the following challenges:
- Optimizing the runtime (LuaJit or LuaAoT)
- Getting done Node/iojs compatibility in a strategic way
I like to get much deeper ideas of what the Tessel-Team thinks about the real need of resources and where are the challenges and chances (maybe from merging several ideas of similar projects).
Also Gordon Williams (Espruino Pico) is doing things without Linux and V8 - and the Pico is an USB-Stick ...
So I think it would be interesting to get an overview to see how different strategies differ and what is interesting from the point of view people are deep in there project. If it is a political question please write PMs. I would organize the discussion by arguments.
I am sad about a world changing strategy dies. So I want to create a paper what lists and discusses the state of things to create a base for an open reboot
This paper would include:
- coding guidelines for JS on MCs
- memory leaks profiling paterns (maybe by NPM-Tests accessing a simulation API)
- Certification of Node/IoJS packages (GitHub badge "Memory Save")
- Howto write JS API for hardware developers
- Pro/Con when to use a VM/Jit/AoT/Transcompiler or simple JS-API
I need your help for doing this.
Everybody is able to give his or her 2 cents in is welcome
Maybe it should be a new thread ?