The tweet step on Tessel's getting started has this intriguing one line comment:
// Copy your own keys here if you want
I wondered how to do that. It's not trivial, but not too hard either.
- Go to https://apps.twitter.com/ (and login with your twitter account).
- Press 'Create New App' and fill out the form:
- 'Name' is something like 'TweetingTessel', but that name is taken .
- 'Description' is something like 'Tweets from my Tessel'.
- 'Website' must be a valid url (but it can be a placeholder for now).
- 'Callback' can be empty.
- Accept the Rules and click 'Create your Twitter application'.
- Open the just created application.
- In the 'Permissions' tab select 'Read and Write' (and maybe Access) and click 'Update settings'.
- In the 'API Keys' click the button to generate the access keys.
- Wait a bit, and then you have the four keys, change the tweet script as follows:
var oauth_consumer_key = // API key
var oauth_consumer_secret = // API secret
var oauth_access_token = // Access token
var oauth_access_secret = // Access token secret
Hope this helps.