I'm trying to get a strip of 60 neopixels working on my tessel. I've followed all the best practices for powering neopixels from Adafruit's website. This is how I have things wired:
- 3 AA batteries in series to provide ~4.5V to the power rails on my breadboard
- A 1000 micro-Farad capacitor between the + and - leads from the battery.
- Connection from Tessel's ground on the GPIO port to the ground rail of the breadboard
- Both ground wires on the neopixes connected to the ground rail (and tessel ground)
- Vin from neopixels connected to + rail on breadboard
- 390 ohm resistor between GPIO pin G4 and the signal wire on the neopixels.
Here's a couple looks at it:
I'm just trying to do anything with it at this point. I've tried the example.js code that is bundled with the neopixels npm module. It sounds like this module is now baked in to the firmware (I'm on 0.1.24), and I certainly don't get any runtime errors - just nothing lights up.
Is the G4 pin still the one that is used? Is this hard-coded in to the firmware?
What important information am I leaving out? I'd love to get this working!